Ord Valley Aboriginal Health Service (OVAHS) provides a comprehensive Primary Health Care service to Aboriginal people in the East Kimberley region in Western Australia using a holistic approach that includes a high standard of service delivery, the promotion of social justice and the overcoming of the health issues that affect so many people in the region.
Most importantly, OVAHS approaches involve community people taking part in controlling their own health and wellbeing. Management and governance, staff selection, and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees. The organization proudly boasts ISO 9001 and AGPAL accreditation.
OVAHS provides a fulfilling and stimulating work environment in a diverse range of areas for those seeking an exciting career in Indigenous Health.
About the Opportunity
Ord Valley Aboriginal Health Se rvice (OVAHS) is seeking a Registered Nurse (Generalist and Rheumatic Heart Disease) to join their team on a full-time basis in Kununurra, WA.
Reporting to the Health Operations Manager, you will be providing primary health services to clients in the clinic and on community outreach visits as well as coordinating the rheumatic heart disease patient care.
More specifically, you will be:
* Ensuring the focus of care is on the needs of Aboriginal clients within the context of their cultural identity and social circumstances;
* Working with the OVAHS team in providing a quality and client focused environment;
* Supporting the delivery of safe and effective patient care;
* Participating in cultural safety and competence training and staff development; and
* Maintaining statistics, administrative records and client documents as per OVAHS policies and procedures.
Please note: Som e travel will be required with this role.
About the Benefits
OVAHS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. It offers a stable, safe and supportive work environment with a large, multi-disciplinary team including doctors, nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, an audiologist, dietitian, mental health workers and a social support unit.
Your dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $90,000 + super commensurate with the qualifications and experience you are bringing to the role.
You will also enjoy a range of benefits to significantly increase the value of your overall remuneration package, including:
* 5 weeks annual leave per year plus additional leave over the Christmas/New Year break
* Up to 10 days study leave
* Salary packaging options
* Relocation assistance
* 14% leave loading
* Annual flight allowance to Perth (paid at the end of 12 months continual service)
* Uniform allowance
* Housing or rental assistance
* Electricity subsidy
* Public holidays as paid days off
* Clinic hours only (no weekend work!)
With Australia's most stunning landscapes on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, the Kimberley is the place to be to make the most of life's adventures.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in a stunning outback location. Make a positive difference - Apply Now!