About North and West Remote Health (NWRH)
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
Your new career awaits!
NWRH is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team at Doomadgee, as a full-time Facility Manager.
Suitable candidates will be able to work on a six (6) weeks on, and one (1) week off rotation, with paid flights in a nd out of Cairns or Townsville, if preferable.
As a Facility Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Aged Person's Hostel, including the delivery of quality care, lifestyle and accommodation for NWRH residents and community aged care clients. This is a 10 bed facility with an additional 40 (approximately), home and community care clients.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing nursing care to residential and community aged care recipients, in accordance with the Aged Care Act, and the appropriate Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Accreditation Standards;
* Ensuring adequate staffing through recruitment and rostering activities;
* Overseeing general operations of the facility including procurement, maintenance and kitchen, cleaning and laundry functions;
* Fostering a positive workplace culture by means of a supportive and inclusive approach to HR issues;
* Taking responsibility for maintaining systems and processes that support accreditation standards for the residential aged care service and packaged care; and
* Promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement by identifying areas for improvement and supporting quality improvement activities.
Whilst only a relatively small facility, the challenges of being based in a remote area mean that the level of responsibility and volume of work required in this position is similar to that of a large facility. As such, this role would be best suited to someone looking for that type of role.
To be considered for this position you must be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration, extensive post-graduate experience, and a current 'C' Class Driver's License.
To learn more, please click 'apply now'.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package in excess of $100,000, co mmensurate with experience and qualifications, inclusive of super.
A further range of fantastic benefits will also be provided, including:
* Accommodation and electricity paid for by NWRH whilst in community;
* A 6 week on, 1 week off roster (which combined with annual leave equates to almost 2 months leave per year);
* Relocation assistance;
* 5 weeks annual leave; and
* Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900
This is a very rare opportunity to live and work in one of the most unique and untouched locations in all of Australia. If you are a Registered Nurse who is restless with your current day-to-day and looking for a role that challenges you in a highly rewarding way - don't wait, apply now.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
About life at Doomadgee
Covering an area of 186,300 hectares, Doomadgee is a Deed of Grant in Trust (DOGIT) Community. Doomadgee is approximatel y 100kms north-west of Burketown and 130kms east of the Northern Territory Border and is home to around 1,200-1,500 people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have inhabited these lands for thousands of years. The traditional homelands of The Gangalidda and the Waanyi people lie in and around the Doomadgee Shire and there are also Garrawa and Yunjulla people and a range of people from Indigenous nations across Australia who have made Doomadgee their home.
Doomadgee is a very friendly and welcoming community. Like most remote towns, it is not without some problems, but for the most part, is a safe and beautiful place to live and work.
Doomadgee is an alcohol managed community.
Location: Australia and Oceania,--Queensland