Hawera Hospital, South Taranaki
Permanent, Full Time
A vacancy exists for a motivated Clinical Nurse Specialist to work within a dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff, primarily caring for people with Mental Health and Addiction needs within our community. The geographical area of work will be South and Central Taranaki which includes Hawera Hospital as well as satellite clinics to areas such as Stratford, Patea, and Opunake.
This role will comprise of a mix of urgent mental health and addictions assessments and support, treatment formulations, and participating in providing specialist and clinical leadership and advise to staff members and the local community.
- You will be part of a team of a multi-disciplinary team of specialist’s providing services including mental health assessments, coordination and activating appropriate support services to enhance skills and recovery for people. You will be expected to:
- Provide comprehensive mental health and addiction and risk assessments including interventions and therapies to people requiring specialist care.
- Provide specialist education and support for the multidisciplinary team and the wider community as necessary.
- Provide advanced clinical leadership skills in the area of Mental Health and Addictions across the service.
- Develop and enhance quality relationships with key stakeholders.
You will be known as someone who:
- Works well in a multidisciplinary team to provide person centred care.
Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, service users, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
Candidates must have expertise in the speciality of mental health and addictions as well as a relevant post graduate qualification.
Click here to view the position description.
To make an application click “Apply Online” within this page.
Applications close 24 March 2019.