About the Opportunity
Sunrise Health Service has a rewarding opportunity for a Mental Health Registered Nurse to join their dedicated, multidisciplinary team in the Katherine region, on a full-time ongoing basis, subject to funding.
Working with a Senior Aboriginal Mental Health Professional, you will be responsible for providing expert support to clients requiring mental health care, their families, and the remote based staff providing care. The role will include a combination of clinical care as well as health promotion around Mental Health.
Your primary responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
* Demonstrating a high standard of professional practice and clinical leadership;
* Contributing to and assisting the multidisciplinary Primary Health Care and Population Health Team in the case management, coordination and decision making for clients requiring Mental Health Care;
* Building, developing and maintaining strong relationships within the community;
* Facilitating links for SHS communities and health centres to specialist mental health services;
* Actively promoting mental health awareness and primary prevention;
* Facilitating better access to quality care for people with mental health-related conditions; and
* Providing leadership for organisational learning in mental health.
Although the SHS office is located in Katherine, you will need to live and work in remote communities during the week. SHS will provide accommodation for any overnight stays while working in the communities.
About the Benefits
This is an integral role in improving the mental health outcomes in remote Aboriginal communities. There is a large amount of scope for a candidate with drive and passion to grow and develop this role over time. In addition, you will receive ongoing professional training opportunities to ensure your future career excels.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration, circa $103,067 - $110,729 plus super.
This package includes:
* 6 weeks leave per year;
* Up to 10 days study leave;
* Laptop and Phone;
* Salary packaging options; and
* Full support from the health team;
Working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With Australia's most stunning landscapes on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life's adventures.
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Health Organisation.
The Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation works in partnership with Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN), who provide support services to health professionals and organisation across the Northern Territory.
Location: Australia and Oceania,--Northern Territory