About the Organisation
Providing medical and surgical excellence to South Australians for over 80 years, St Andrew's Hospital offers a wide range of services and surgeries to the community while delivering an exceptional quality of patient-centred care. St Andrew's continues to grow, with a recently added procedural wing contributing to a total of 12 operating theatres, making it Australia's largest stand-alone independent private hospital. Situated right on the south-eastern edge of the CBD, St Andrew's is surrounded by greenery and offers an easy tranquil escape into Carriageway Park in the heart of Adelaide.
A hospital that is truly committed to putting their patients at the centre of everything they do, St Andrews strives to uphold a positive and welcoming community culture where everyone knows each other and staff are excited about coming to work every day.
About the Opportunity
Currently, St Andrew's has multiple opportunities for dedicated and organised Perioperative Nurses to join the team on a permanent part-time or casual basis, working up to 75 hours per fortnight on a flexible rotating roster. Hours will be primarily Monday to Friday day shifts, with some weekend shifts as required.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the safe, effective delivery of patient-centred perioperative care.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Undertaking nursing activities within the Perioperative area to deliver a safe, competent and professional service;
- Assuming responsibility for daily theatre work, including making clinical nursing care decisions specific to the theatre environment;
- Anticipating, planning and providing for routine procedures as well as unexpected events occurring during a procedure;
- Attending to patient needs f or emotional and clinical support; and
- Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and exceptional personalised patient care.
Dependent on operational needs, you will be expected to commit to a rotating on-call roster shared amongst all nursing staff.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with above award wages circa $33.94 - $46.66 per hour including super, plus qualification allowances, commensurate with your skills, qualifications and experience!
You will appreciate a flexible rostering system (with public holidays off) alongside the ability to pick up standby shifts for extra penalty rates in addition to significant salary packaging options to further increase your take-home home pay.
St Andrew's is committed to the professional development of all staff, offering an exte nsive orientation and training, a wide range of free clinical education activities to broaden your exposure and access to clinical educators within the perioperative setting.
You will also enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Onsite parking and onsite gym (salary sacrifice option available);
- Access to study days/study leave;
- Significant opportunities for leadership development and training;
- On-call allowances and additional annual leave for on-call;
- Financial support and scholarship for further study; and
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave!
This is your chance to join a rewarding and supportive organisation with incredible levels of job satisfaction and patient care - Apply Now!
Location: Australia and Oceania,----Adelaide