Position Type: Part-Time
About Lung Foundation Australia
Lung Foundation Australia (LFA) is a national, not-for-profit organisation based in Brisbane.
Their vision is to improve lung health and reduce the impact of lung disease by:
* Educating the community in lung health and early detection of lung disease;
* Reducing the burden of lung disease in the community through patient and carer support;
* Influencing public policy, through advocacy across all levels of government; and
* Raising funds for medical and scientific research.
The Lung Foundation Australia National Office employs about 21 professional/administrative staff, supported by a team of dedicated volunteers.
About the Opportunity
Lung Foundation Australia is now seeking a Respiratory Support Nurse to join their Information & Support team in Milton, Brisbane. This is a 12-month part-time contract, working 7.6 hours per day / 3 days per week.
Reporting to the Information & Support Manager, you will provide evidence-based information as well as emotional support by telephone, email, fax or mail to persons contacting the Lung Foundation's Information and Support Centre about issues related to lung health. In addition, this position is involved in the provision of appropriate patient support services for Australians living with lung disease.
Your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
* Providing timely telephone assistance to consumers requesting medical support;
* Providing evidence base information to assist patients in understanding their illness and directing them forward;
* Supplying evidence based input, updates and reviews of lung/respiratory patient information materials;
* Developing and maintaining key networks with lung health p rofessionals and identifying opportunities to support respiratory nurses in the professional care of patients, their carers and family members; and
* Raising awareness of LFA resources and support care services to consumers, including printed and web-based resources.
About the Benefits
This is a rare and rewarding opportunity for a caring and passionate individual to further develop their career with an established NFP organisation. You'll gain invaluable experience and will be well supported with comprehensive on-boarding, to ensure you hit the ground running and have the best possible chance of success.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll be provided with an attractive base salary of $58,000 plus super, salary sacrificing options and FBT concessions.
If you're an experienced RN looking for a rewarding and interesting new opportunity - Apply Now!