About Danila Dilba and the Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program (ANFPP)
Danila Dilba Health Service is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation providing culturally-appropriate, comprehensive primary health care and community services to Biluru (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) people in the Yilli Rreung (greater Darwin) region of the Northern Territory.
Danila Dilba is one of two services in the Northern Territory receiving funding from the Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program (ANFPP). The ANFPP is a nurse-led home visiting program that supports women pregnant with an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander child to improve their own health and the health of their baby. The ANFPP also provides valuable support and advice to mothers that helps with the baby's development in their early years.
About the Opportunity
Danila Dilba now has an exc iting full-time leadership opportunity for a Nurse Supervisor to join their Darwin team, to oversee the implementation and delivery of the Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, applicants are required to be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. This is a genuine occupational requirement for this position, which is exempt under sub-s 35(1)(b)(ii) of the Anti-discrimination Act 1996 (NT).
Reporting to the General Manager, Palmerston, you will coordinate delivery of the ANFPP, including the day-to-day operational supervision of team members and clinical supervision to support home visiting.
More specifically, some of your daily activities will include:
* Contributing in developing and implementing strategies to meet goals set in the provision of comprehensive primary health care to the Indigenous people of the greater Darwin area;
* Assigning and m onitoring caseloads and data collection, undertaking all clinical supervision activities and assessing service delivery, client satisfaction and program efficiency;
* Coordinating community engagement activities and promoting the implementation of the ANFPP within the local community to support the development of client referral pathways; and
* Participating in cross-cultural education as well as supervision of recruitment, orientation, training and professional development of all ANFPP staff.
About the Benefits
Danila Dilba Health Service offers a stable, safe and supportive work environment with plenty of challenges and variety as you interact with people from a wide range of cultural and social backgrounds.
Danila Dilba Health Service is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experien ce. Staff development programs are both encouraged and provided by the organisation, including the option for the successful candidate to continue providing clinical services on occasion if wanted to maintain practice skills. You will also receive mentoring and supervision from the National Program Centre and peer support from other Nurse Supervisors.
You will receive an attractive base salary circa $99,581-$106,985, negotiable with experience and qualifications, PLUS super and a broad range of attractive benefits, bringing your total take home earnings to between $111,052 - $119,309.
Additional benefits include:
* Salary sacrificing options;
* 6 weeks annual leave per year (with the opportunity to cash-out up to two weeks annual leave in any financial year);
* Relocation assistance (negotiable) when relocating to Darwin;
* Up to 2 weeks paid study leave per annum;
* Professional development and training provided; and
* Entertainment benefits (up to $2,550).
Roles like this don't come along often. If you have held a similar role and you're seeking a new challenge; or you are an experienced RN looking for a leadership opportunity - apply now!