Mount Isa Recovery Services Centre
- Part Time (job share) or Full Time
- Located in Mount Isa
- Work with a dedicated team
"Work for an organisation that really makes a difference"
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical branch of the universal Christian Church. Our message is based on the Bible; our ministry is motivated by love for God. The mission is both spiritual and practical, encompassing the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the alleviation of human suffering and distress without discrimination.
In this role, as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will provide specialised nursing intervention, clinical assessments, group work and referral for clients admitted to Mount Isa Recovery Services Centre in a safe, sensitive and culturally appropriate manner which meets their immediate physical, mental and emotional needs which are in line with TSA values and mission.
What we are seeking from you?
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Degree or equivalent in Nursing and Registration as per the Qld Nurses Registration Board.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in nursing in the Drug & Alcohol recovery/environment.
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs will be highly regarded.
- Imperative that the incumbent maintains an Alcohol, Drug and Gambling free presence at all times.
- Registration as per Nurses Registration Board.
- Experience in the Alcohol and Drug treatment field.
- Demonstrated ability in the supervision of other workers and to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement service delivery initiatives that will improve the quality of service delivery of the Detox Unit.
- Sound knowledge of recovery and drug & alcohol issues.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unpredictable situations and behaviour.
- Ability to use a range of computer software programs.
- Maintain a current Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
- Maintain a current Drivers Licence.
- Have a minimum of two years clean time (if applicable).
- Willingness to undertake a National Police Check.
For more information and to apply go to http://bit.ly/2C1fvmK
Applications close Friday 16 March 2018