* Unique Nurse Practitioner opportunity within the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services
* Highly autonomous and flexible role - safe and supportive work environment
About Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre and the GEO Group Australia
The GEO Group Australia is the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. Our goal is to deliver better corrections, and in doing so, create safer communities.
The Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Queensland Corrective Services since its opening in 1992. Located in Wacol, just 20 kilometres south-west of Brisbane, Arthur Gorrie is Queensland's largest correctional centre, safely and securely housing over 1,000 adult male remand prisoners for the period leadi ng up to, and during, their trial.
Are you ready for a nursing role with a difference?
The GEO Group now has a highly autonomous opportunity available for a Nurse Practitioner to join the Health Service Centre team at Arthur Gorrie. The role is primarily Monday to Friday, however the successful applicant must be willing to work on the on-call roster, providing clinical advice to nurses after hours. Permanent, part-time arrangements negotiable for the right person if they require more flexibility.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager and well supported by an on-site team of Registered Nurses, Allied Health Workers, Psychologists, Mental Health Workers and visiting Medical Officers, the Nurse Practitioner is primarily responsible for providing and evaluating comprehensive, evidence-based nursing care to inmates within a correctional setting. T he Nurse Practitioner will also play a key role in running the Centre's Hepatitis C Program and will be part of the on-site leadership team.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
* Providing rapid and thorough assessment and initiating interventions for patients within a range of clinical, physical and mental health conditions defined within an existing and approved scope of practice;
* Triaging all medical requests and ascertaining those appropriate for the NP and those requiring the Medical Officer's involvement;
* Performing routine medical examinations on prisoners after reception and when referred by the nursing staff, providing medical and nursing treatment and ordering tests and ancillary services as required; and
* Prescribing and transcribing medications, utilising currently approved medication administration records.
The GEO Group places the safety of our staff as top priority. The Health Service Centre is an extremely safe and secure environment, with a structured process for people coming in and out and Correctional Officers close at hand at all times.
This role would be perfectly suited to someone who has gained primary health experience in a rural or remote setting (either as a nurse or nurse practitioner), and is looking for a position that offers considerable autonomy and support, including more freedom and flexibility to make appropriate healthcare decisions for your patients.
GEO actively recruits people from all walks and stages of life and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to join our team.
About the Benefits
As a leading service provider of correctional services in Australia, The GEO Group offers fantastic opportunities for job stability, ongoing training and career progression for all employees. You will be welcomed into a collaborative and supportive team that work together to achieve the best possible care for all patients in a safe and well-resourced environment.
For your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package circa $110,000-$120,000 per annum plus super, negotiable with experience.
You will also have access to a host of additional benefits including:
* Subsidised meals;
* Supplied uniforms;
* Free parking;
* Free access to staff gym;
* 3 days study leave; and
* 3 days conference leave.
This is a unique and highly rewarding opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to make a lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community.
If you are looking to kick start your 2018 with a new challenge - Apply Now.
Location: Australia and Oceania,----Brisbane